Sunday Schedule

09:45-10:50 Worship and Communion Service
11:10-12:15 Worship, Teaching and Sunday School
Special events as announced

Our Location

24800 West Chicago Road
Redford, MI 48239

Phone (313) 533-7788

I John 4:9

“This is how God
showed His love among us:
He sent his one and only Son
into the world that we might live through Him.”
NIV

Our History

A Brief History of Dunning Park Bible Chapel:

Dunning Park Bible Chapel started with a small group of Christians who saw the need for a church in the Redford, Michigan area. It began on September 7, 1951, at Fisher Elementary School in Redford, initially meeting in the hallways, with Sunday School classes meeting on the stairways.

In the spring of 1952, a Christian business man, donated property to the group, on the corner of West Chicago and Dixie, in the subdivision called Dunning Park. The stipulation was that a church had to be built immediately. A Christian builder heard about the ministry at Fisher School, visited and liked what he saw. He offered to build a church with his funds. With a building on the property, a mortgage could be obtained and the builder paid back. The chapel building project started in September, 1952, and the first service in the new building was conducted on January 25, 1953.

The ministry expanded with Vacation Bible School during the summer, and later with Bible studies and boys and girls groups meeting during the week. In 1961, another Christian business man donated property adjacent to the existing property, for additional parking. An addition was then built and in 1968, a new sanctuary was built, which is our present sanctuary today.

Children's ministries expanded,and today we have boys and girls groups, and junior and senior high school groups meeting during the week. We have also expanded our adult ministries with geographic Bible studies, a MOPS program, and activities for men and women, along with opportunities for community involvement.

We are thankful that God continues to bless the ministries at Dunning Park Bible Chapel